As a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Dr. Zappert supervises the clinical work of psychiatry residents and teaches courses on Women’s Health, Trauma, Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence.
Dr. Zappert is also the founder and director of the Allies for Women in Science, Engineering and Medicine (WISE) and the Allies for Women in Humanities and Social Science (WISSH) groups. As an attending psychologist, Dr. Zappert supervises the work of the residents and clinical psychology interns who facilitate the 22 weekly WISE/WISSH groups.
Dr. Zappert’s research interests include:
- Stress, Resilience, and Positive Mental Health
- Building Healthier Couples and Family Relationships
- Balancing Personal and Professional Life
- Women’s Health and Wellness, including Eating Disorders, Perinatal Depression and Anxiety, Perimenopause and Menopausal Mood and Sexual Dysregulation
- Recovering from Trauma, including Sexual Harassment and Sexual Assault