In her clinical practice, Dr. Zappert combines evidence-based therapies, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), with an empathetic style to help her patients achieve happier, healthier, and more balanced lifestyles.
Dr. Zappert has broad knowledge and experience working with the best and most cost-effective strategies for promoting health and well-being.
Individual care plans are tailored to focus on the most effective strategies for addressing specific problems or attaining particular goals, and work between sessions is encouraged and progress is regularly evaluated.
Dr. Zappert uses a variety of therapeutic modalities, including working with a range of excellent specialists: medical doctors, nutritionists, acupuncturists, physical trainers, etc., who assist her in ensuring a comprehensive wellness program for each of her patients.
In her private practice, Dr. Zappert works with individuals, couples, and families who are dealing with a wide range of personal and interpersonal issues. Some of the issues they face include:
- Couples communication and relationship problems
- Personal and professional development issues
- Weight management and eating disorders
- Women’s reproductive health issues
- Work/life balance
- Stress management
- Anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders
- Obsessive compulsive and impulse control disorders
- Trauma and PTSD
- Substance dependency and abuse
Dr. Zappert has also authored a book on women, work, and wellness, Getting It Right, which has received national and international acclaim.
Dr. Zappert has expertise in a variety of therapeutic modalities, including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT)
- Insight-oriented Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Positive Psychology and Resilience Training
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for PTSD
- Psychological Assessment and Testing
- Motivational Interviewing
- Mindfulness Practices